2017 Chardonnay Magnum
Gran Moraine Vineyard
The 2017 Chardonnay is a Vineyard designated Dijon Clone 76 hailing from 210-acre Gran Moraine Vineyard in the Yamhill-Carlton AVA. Gran Moraine is comprised of well-drained, ancient Willakenzie and Hazelair soils and is situated in the foothills of the Coast Range at 180-240 feet elevation 10 miles west of Carlton, Oregon.
This wine was barrel fermented in a combination of neutral barrels, Puncheons, and New Oak cigar barrels with a total of 46.4% new oak intensity. To create texture, regular lees stirring was employed. Malolactic fermentation contributed to acidity.
· Bottled: August 30, 2018
· Alcohol: 13.5 %
· Case Production: 229
· Farming: Live Certified
· Clonal Selection: Dijon Clone 76
· Harvest Dates: September 25, 2017
· Brix: 21.4
· pH: 3.25
· TA: 6.4
· 100% Whole Cluster Pressed
· Light Bentonite fining in cold settling tank
· Oak: 1 0month French Oak, 46.4% Oak intensity
· Aged on lees 10 months w/stirring
Keep in touch!
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.